Here’s an excellent article by FFMP’s Debbie Mytels on six important lessons from the COVID-19 experience, and how we can take what we’ve learned to approach the urgent threat of climate change.
- We are all interdependent
- Planning ahead for disasters (including climate change) is essential
- The racial and economic inequalities in U.S. society are now starkly visible
- Humans can change fast
- Government can act effectively for the common good — or it can be taken over by corrupt influences
- We need to overcome our fears — and look out for how they can be exploited